WEST MONROE, La. (KNOE) – Cinemark is continuing to reopen in the U.S. with new content and private watch parties.
The West Monroe location, Cinemark Tinseltown 17, is set to reopen Aug. 25.
As part of the reopening, the theater has scheduled several classic movies, including the first Harry Potter film and The Goonies.
You can see movie showtimes here.
Below is a list of precautions Cinemark is taking.
CLEANLINESS: NOW SHOWING EVERYWHERE
Your theatre has been thoroughly sanitized using products identified by the EPA to be EFFECTIVE IN ELIMINATING COVID-19. Here’s how we’re enhancing our cleanliness & sanitizing standards.
THOROUGHLY SANITIZED AT LEAST EVERY 30 MINUTES: Cinemark already takes significant precautions to ensure your safety — now we have added an extra level of cleaning & sanitizing that meets or exceeds CDC and WHO and Cinema Safe industry guidelines. This includes using products identified by the EPA to be effective in eliminating COVID-19 throughout the theatre.
• Concession stands, kitchens, restaurants, and bars, including countertops, food-prep areas, drink stations, napkin dispensers, and check-out areas.
• Restrooms are extensively disinfected every morning and sanitized every 30 minutes during operating hours, including door handles, toilets, handles, sinks, countertops, soap dispensers, faucets, and baby-changing stations.
• Other high-touch areas throughout the theatre, including door handles, handrails, self-ticketing kiosks, and box-office countertops.
AUDITORIUMS DISINFECTED EVERY MORNING: Before you set foot into our auditoriums, rest assured that your seat and surrounding areas have been carefully prepared for you. Each morning, all auditoriums are extensively disinfected using pressurized sprayer equipment to reach all seats, handrails, armrests, tables, footrests, and cup holders. This fast-drying and non-toxic method allows us to thoroughly and evenly apply products identified by the EPA to be effective in eliminating COVID-19.
SEATS SANITIZED BEFORE EVERY MOVIE: Any seat that is occupied will be sanitized again before the next showtime, as well as adjacent seats, handrails, and children’s booster seats. For extra assurance, seat wipe dispensers are available for any guest who wishes to re-clean their seat.
AMPLE SUPPLY OF HAND SANITIZER & SEAT WIPES: Cinemark is proactively placing hand sanitizers at the box office and active concession stand registers. Seat wipe dispensers have also been added, centrally located in hallways outside the auditoriums.
ADVANCED 3-POINT AIR QUALITY STANDARD: Cinemark’s stringent air quality standards are designed to deliver an abundant supply of fresh outdoor air, maintain optimal air circulation, eliminate potential pollutants and, of course, provide our guests with a comfortable temperature and humidity level.
1. Increased fresh-air rate. We are substantially raising the fresh-air rate of our building HVAC systems by constantly utilizing supply fans to increase the total volume of fresh, outside air flowing into our theatres.
2. Smart-flow air circulation design. Our air circulation system diffuses air from the ceiling down toward the floor where it is then returned to our air filtration equipment.
3. Elimination of pollutants. Cinemark utilizes MERV filters in our HVAC systems to capture the majority of particles and pollutants. In addition, we are now beginning to integrate Bipolar Ionization — an advanced technology generating high concentrations of ions which continuously seek out and deactivate airborne viruses, mold, bacteria, allergens, and odors, reducing 99.9% of microbes, including COVID-19. Bipolar ionization is now being used by leading hospitals, universities and office buildings. Additionally, our vacuums are equipped with HEPA filters identified to be effective in trapping at least 99.97% of microscopic particles, including viruses such as COVID-19.
Copyright 2020 KNOE. All rights reserved.