New Mexico recorded 146 new cases of COVID-19 and eight deaths, bringing the statewide total to 23,302 cases and 711 deaths.
Nora Meyers Sackett, a spokeswoman for the governor’s office, said in an update Saturday afternoon that all eight of the most recent deaths involved underlying conditions but only three were hospitalized. They include:
A man and woman, in their 60s and 80s, from Bernalillo County.
A woman in her 70s from Cibola County who was a resident at the Good Samaritan Society facility in Grants.
Three men, in their 60s, 70s, and 90s from Doña Ana County.
A man in his 30s from Eddy County.
A woman in her 60s from Rio Arriba County.
Meyers Sackett said the new cases include 19 in Bernalillo County, 17 each in Doña Ana and McKinley counties, 14 in Lea County, 12 in Eddy County, nine each in Chaves and San Juan counties, eight in Curry County, six each in Sandoval and Valencia counties, five each in Santa Fe and Roosevelt counties, four in Rio Arriba County, three in Quay County, two each in Sierra, San Miguel, Otero and Cibola counties and one each in Luna, Lincoln, Torrance and Taos counties.
She said there are currently 113 people hospitalized with the virus and 26 on ventilators. So far, 10,391 COVID-19 cases have been designated as recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.